Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

brownies? bubur asyura lah..


Last Thursday, i had actually gave my neighbour a plate of some choc and blueberry cakes. So this evening, in return, they had given me which at first i thought was some brownies.. and it turned out to be bubur asyura. I have heard about it before but have never seen it in real. They actually passed it to Mr Mzmriza. So when he brought it in, i was screaming," bestnyer brownies!!" . Mr Mzmriza shook his head and said," bubur asyuralah.." I sincerely thought it was some brownies and u know how crazy i am over chocolates. Be it kandos.. i would go head over heels for it. My husband said there was a story behind it. It was back during Nabi Nuh as era.. So it is actually a ritual in memorial of the events. Anyway, i have tasted the "brownies".. it has a tangy flavour as a result of the combination of some nuts, some meats.. and sweet too.. it tasted a bit like rendang though... Not bad. Mr Mzmriza told me in Kedah , the bubur asyura is cook without the meat. In Terengganu, this has been some sort of culture. My school will be having this occasion too. I am not sure when but im sure will update it here.

5 comments:

apis585 said...

tadi pun my colleague ade offer hat cenggini laaa tapi xbrani mkn. sbbnya for me bubur asyura tu cam bubur lambuk laa so otak xleh terima yg cam bingka ni..weird i am...

jijah montel said...

seriusli beb.. aku pon takleh gak.. aku rasa2 aje.. even my hubby pun "cannot go" eating it.. hehehehe!

emmii said...

bubur asyura kelantan lagik best. rasa gulai & manis2 skit. kitaorang kat KB panggil kek Nabi Muhammad SAW. sepatutnya SKTB buat majlis2 macam ni (instead of karaoke....)

lynda_siebie said...

aku ingat kek coklat tadi....adussss....tetiba aku teringin plak makan kek coklat....lalalalalalaala.......

jijah montel said...

emmi - yup.. it was a shameful moments!!

lynda - ha ah kan.. tapi sayang bukan..